Not a very good photo; but it was oh so delicious, it was like chinese takeout, i mean the flavors were absolutely perfect, the flavors were perfectly balanced. When i saw this recipe i was like really excited just to be reading it, so imagine when i actually was in the making of; the sauce is amazing, glossy and super simple. I saw this recipe over on Brown Eyed Baker, i didnt do any changes to the recipe, just the baking time.
So this recipe is very simple, you dont need that many ingredients; I did a very simple fried rice i used Basmati Rice which is a very long grain, shredded carrots, an egg tortilla, and some soy sauce for color and thats it, for the fluffy rice, in a hot saucepan, you can add a little bit of olive oil (optional) then add rice and make sure every grain is coated with oil, then add almost 2 cups of water, bring it to a boil and put a lid on it, and wait until water is absorbed. To actually make fried rice, it has to be very cold, so you have to cool the rice with an icebath.
For the egg tortilla, in a hot pan add some cooking oil spray, then in a small bowl slightly beat the egg then add it to the pan and make an omelet like a flat tortilla don't turn it, when it's cooked flip it and then remove and cut into strips.
When you have everything ready put the chicken in a cookie sheet, and pour the sauce all over it, at 400º F bake it for half an hour, try to pour more sauce every 15 minutes.
And let me tell you its much better than chinese takeout.
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Souce: Brown Eyed Baker
For the Chicken:
-3-4 boneless,skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-1 cup cornstarch
-2 eggs, slightly beaten
-¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
For the Sauce:
-¾ cup sugar
-4 tablespoons ketchup
-½ cup vinegar (preferably rice or white)
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Working in two batches, toss the chicken pieces in cornstarch and then coat with the egg. Heat the oil over medium-high heat and again in two batches, brown the chicken, turning it so that all sides are browned.
4. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish.
5. Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour evenly over the chicken. Turn the chicken to ensure each piece is coated.
6. Bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.
For the rice:
1. In a hot pot add a little oil then add 1 cup of rice, don't fry
it only that all grains have oil then add 1 1 / 2 cup to 2 cups water. Salt
is optional, because you will then add soy sauce and its already very salty by
2. Make sure to cool the rice, once its cold; In a hot pan add a little oil
then add rice, then add shredded carrots, cook it for a moment, then add soy
sauce for color, and lastly the egg tortilla. Ta da! a very simple fried rice!