Garlic, what an amazing herb. The other day while i was making some fresh basil pesto, i decided to roast my garlic, the flavor of roasted garlic its just beyond amazing, so sweet; it gives a different flavor to the pesto. So i decided to do a "how to".
Let me tell you that i adore garlic, i love my food with some good garlic, and the smell oh my god, so soo good; ive done roasted garlic a couple of times and its amazing. It can be used in everything.
You must try it. Soo delicious :)
1 head of garlic
1-2 tsp. olive oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees
2. Peel outer papery skins of garlic, but keep skin on individual cloves.
3. Cut top 1/2 inch of the garlic cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
4. Drizzle olive oil and salt on the tops of the cloves, making sure all cloves are covered in oil and salt.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
Wait until cool enough to handle and carefully cut around each clove with a knife and squeeze out the soft cloves with your fingers.
They are great with almost everything, works great in soups, mashed potatoes, toasted bread, or "as is".